Wednesday 18 November 2009

Medallion Merry Christmas Wreath Cards

I just love the SU! Medallion stamp and I've seen a few cards in the Splitcoast Stampers gallery where it has been used as a wreath for Christmas cards so I decided to try that myself. The first card I made using Whisper White CS and I wished I'd used Very Vanilla so that's why I made two cards at the same time!

The cards are made using SU! Ruby Red CS and measure 5 3/4" square. I stamped the gorgeous flourish stamp from the SU! Baroque Motifs set in Ruby Red ink all over the card fronts as a background. I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to make sure I didn't overlap any images. I then stamped the Medallion in Old Olive ink and then cut round them. I added red brads to the wreaths.

I first saw the Medallion stamp on Kristina Werner's blog and she also used the Hero Arts Scallop Circle stamp to cover the middle. So I had to buy that stamp too LOL! I'm thrilled, it's the perfect size for the Medallion stamp and I was delighted to discover a Nestability circle die that's the perfect size for the Scallop Circle stamp - fab! I stamped the sentiment in the middle of the Scallop Circle image and glued that to the Medallion - the Medallion images are both popped up though.

Here's the card with white CS and shiny brads:



And here it is using vanilla CS and matte brads:




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Medallion background stamp, flourish from SU! Baroque Motifs set, Hero Arts Scallop Circle, sentiment is Stampendous
CS: SU! Ruby Red, Whisper White & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Ruby Red & Old Olive
Tools: Circle Nestabilities die, SU! Stamp-A-Ma-Jig stamp positioner
Embellishments & accessories: DoveCraft Christmas brads, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

3 comments:

Michelle Short said...

They are both very beautiful Ruth, I love them. I hope you are well xx

Dawn B. said...

These are beautiful.. I love the medallion.. The red brads really add some great color... Super job.. You are on a roll.. I have about half my Christmas cards done.

Zoe said...

Very classy set of cards x

01 09 10