Wednesday 25 November 2009

Another Snowman Easel Card - for Kevin

This is the last Christmas card I needed to make for my friend Kevin. I made a snowman tent topper card last year, click here to see it - the page will open in a new window. Kevin asked me to make him one - but without the pink as it's for a boy - and he wanted an easel card instead of a tent topper.

I've used black CS for the card and front panel. I stamped the snowman on watercolour paper and coloured using SU! Watercolor Wonder Crayons. It's hard to tell from the pic but I added Stickles glitter glue to the holly berries, nose, star and ground beneath the snowman - please click the photo if you want to get a larger view. I lightly sponged some Bordering Blue ink around the image before stamping the 'be merry' sentiment.

Small black brads have been used as the snowman's buttons. I've embossed the red panel with a snowflake embossing folder. Before attaching the red panel to the card, I wrapped the snowflake ribbon around. The bottom panel has a piece of SU! Merry Moments paper with a circle stamped snowflake sentiment element as my popped up stop.

It always makes me smile when I use this lovely Penny Black snowman stamp, it's my favourite!




Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Brush Snowman, 'be merry' from Hero Arts Jolly Christmas clear set, snowflake celebrate the season from SU! So Many Scallops set
CS: Black CS, SU! Real Red & Very Vanilla, watercolour paper
Patterned paper: SU! Merry Moments Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Bordering Blue
Tools: SU! Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Crafts Too Snowflakes embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: Stickles glitter glue in Xmas Red, Orange Peel, Yellow and Icicle, Ribbon Oasis black and white snowflake grosgrain ribbon, SU! Vintage Brads, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10