Saturday 24 October 2009

Chocolate Box Inspired Snowflakes Card

I saw this box of chocolates last winter in Waitrose and absolutely fell in love with it.



I loved the aqua, chocolate and silver colour combo and the fact that it had snowflakes on it. Can't say as I liked the price though! After Christmas, when the seasonal goodies were reduced, hubby bought the box for me. Of course, the chocolates are long gone - but my completed Christmas cards are being stored in this box this year.

As I love the box so much I decided it was high time I made a card inspired by it. I started off with Bazzill Doodlebug CS in Swimming Pool to make the 6" square card. I used punches and stamps to make the main panel - making sure I stamped on the plain, non-textured side of the Bazzill CS. I used several snowflake stamps from My Cute Stamps and Hero Arts. I punched the snowflakes out of silver Mirri card so they are really shiny.

Square Nesties were used to mat and layer my Hero Arts stamped sentiment piece. The aqua layer is popped up and I popped up the whole sentiment piece over the embossed Choc Chip strip. It's hard to tell from the photo, but I used the Kars Snowflakes Cuttlebug folder to emboss the strip. To finish, I added silver Dew Drops to the sentiment corners. This card was sent to our friends Kevin and Peter.




Supplies:
Stamps: My Cute Stamps Let It Snow! set, Hero Arts Winter's Butterfly clear set, Hero Arts Warm Wishes to You
CS: Bazzill Doodlebug CS in Swimming Pool, SU! Chocolate Chip & silver Mirri card
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, Woodware Snowflake punches, Kars Snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: Silver Dew Drops, SU! Dimensionals


Photobucket

1 comment:

Sartassa said...

awww I bought some silver snowflakes today too, I cannot wait to use them!

01 09 10