Monday 12 October 2009

CAS Thumped Snowflake Christmas Wishes

Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to use the thumping technique - which I've never done before. Thumping is when you ink a stamp with an ink pad in one colour and then tap the side of a different coloured marker randomly on the image. Then you huff on the stamp and stamp your image - easy, effective and quick too!

I've used SU! Bashful Blue ink and then thumped with a Marvy Amethyst marker. I don't have SU! markers - yet! I really liked how I got a two toned effect on my snowflake and so decided to thump the sentiment too.

The ribbon is by Doodlebug and I used matching Bazzill Doodlebug CS. The snowflake has a gem brad in the centre and the scalloped circle is popped up. To finish, I rounded the bottom corners of the card.




Here's a close up pic of the snowflake:


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Snowflake Rosette & Christmas Wishes
CS: White CS, Bazzill Doodlebug CS in Bluebell & Blue Jean
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue & Marvy Le Plume II marker in Amethyst
Tools: Plain and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities dies, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: Doodlebug striped grosgrain ribbon, blue gem brad, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous card Ruth, LOVE the colors and the beautiful snowflake with the stunning gem.

Jennifer :)

01 09 10