Monday 5 October 2009

CAS Blue & Chocolate Note Card

Monday's mean the CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. Today was an inspiration challenge, we were to use these pillows as our inspiration choices. I chose the Blue Floral Embroidered Pillows as my inspiration piece - these links will open in new pages.

This was a double challenge for me - the other challenge being to use a colour I don't really like - SU! Ballet Blue - but I think it turned out OK with the chocolate, I'm still not really sold on it though!

The card measures just a tad under 5" square. All stamping was done in Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink which gives a subtle pearly shimmer. The flower is from my new fave SU! Petal Pizzazz set. I wanted to mimic the flower in the centre of the top pillow so I used punched Choc Chip 3/4" circles to form the scallop shape. The flower piece is popped up and I added a Candy Dot to the flower centre. The sentiment piece was made using Spellbinders Label Trio dies. I finished off by adding 2 rows of piercing using my Tim Holtz ruler.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Petal Pizzazz & Sweet Little Sentiments sets & Hero Arts DesignBlock Flourish
CS: SU! Ballet Blue & Chocolate Chip
Ink: Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate
Tools: Circle Nestability die, Spellbinders Label Trio dies, 3/4" circle punch, paper piercer & Tim Holtz ruler
Embellishments & accessories: Pebbles Inc. Chocolate Candy Dot, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10