Thursday 1 October 2009

October 2009 Card Group Christmas Cards

These are the Christmas cards we will be making at my October card group meeting. Hmmm, you can tell I love snowflakes!

First up is a bookmark card - this is based on a card Joanne made at the August Stamper's Ten meeting. I was away so I couldn't make it there but I've made my own version - I couldn't use the same stamps as Joanne as I don't have the SU! set she used. My favourite My Cute Stamps clear 'Let it Snow!' set was used on this card, I adore the snowflakes in that set!

The card is a regular A6 size but 5 cms is trimmed off the front and then the back is perforated at 5 cms to form the tear off bookmark. I used a Fiskars Rotary Trimmer and a perforating blade. On the bookmark piece the snowflakes were stamped in VersaMark and then embossed with clear embossing powder. The bookmark topper was made using circle Nesties and the Crop-A-Dile easily punched the ribbon hole through the layers of CS. I've since added crystals to the snowflake centres and to the corners of the red square. This card will be sent to my friend Bev.



And here's the inside of the card:



Next up is a snowflakes window card. A circle Nestie was used to cut the window out of the front of the square card and for the blue circle inside the card. This card uses my newest snowflakes stamp - it's the Hero Arts Snowflakes Circle cling stamp - I LOVE it! The Bashful Blue snowflakes are punched and the Let it Snow is a Sizzix Sizzlits die cut.



Lastly is a clean and simple card with a tree shape made out of circles stamped with - surprise, surprise - snowflakes! I've CASEd a fab card I saw on Splitcoast Stampers made by Kristin Moore. Please click here to see her card - the page will open in a new window. I thought it would be a great card to mass produce for Christmas.

I've used a Nestability Labels Eight die for the patterned paper piece. I stamped all 6 stamps from the SU! Snow Flurries set in Always Artichoke ink and then punched the images out using the 3/4" circle punch. The star is popped up with a 3d foam pad.

Hope the ladies enjoy making them!




Supplies for bookmark card:
Stamps: My Cute Stamps 'Let it Snow!' set, sentiment by Penny Black, snowflakes on white panel inside card by Hero Arts
CS: SU! Real Red, Old Olive & Whisper White
Patterned paper: Daisy Bucket
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Real Red & Old Olive
Tools: Fiskars Rotary Trimmer and perforating blade, square & circle Nestabilities dies, SU! Ticket Corner punch, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments: Clear EP, red grosgrain ribbon


Supplies for snowflakes window card:
Stamps: Hero Arts Snowflakes Circle cling stamp
CS: Craft Creations hemp textured square card, SU! Bashful Blue & Not Quite Navy
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy
Tools: Circle Nestability die, Sizzix Sizzlits Phrase Let it Snow die, X Cut snowflake punch
Embellishments: Blue Offray ribbon


Supplies for Noel tree card:
Stamps: SU! Snow Flurries set, Noel by Hero Arts
CS: Craft Creations hemp textured A6 card, SU! Real Red
Patterned paper: SU! Wintergreen DSP pack
Ink: SU! Always Artichoke
Tools: Labels Eight Nestability die, SU! 3/4" circle punch, X Cut star punch
Embellishments: 3d foam pad

Photobucket

2 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Ruth these are terrific. I love the fold on the first one. That is awasome. You have a good head start on the holidays. I really like your photography. Your cards are nice and bright and beautiful..TFS

Gabriele said...

Hello Ruth!
Just visited your blog for the first time, looking for some inspiration. Your stuff is sooo beautiful!
These cards are great! And my favourite is the first bookmark card. Not only the form, but also the colors are .... awesome!
Thanks for sharing (will try to make a bookmark card with a perforation...)
Greetings from Germany,
Gabriele

01 09 10