Monday 26 October 2009

Bags of Fun Birthday Card

Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to use brads and/or eyelets. I'm ashamed to admit how long I've had these handbag brads unused in my stash - it's a few years! When I saw the challenge, I knew the time had come to break them out of the packaging.

I decided to use the bag brads as the main images so there's no stamping on this card at all! The card measures 5 3/4" square. I used square Nesties for my layers. The eggplant layers are popped up. I computer generated the sentiment using the Hank BT font and the RGB colour codes for Elegant Eggplant. My ribbon is threaded through two teal metallic eyelets. I taped the ribbon ends flat inside the card, tied a bow and stuck it to the ribbon with a glue dot.




Supplies:
Stamps: None
CS: White CS, SU! Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & accessories: Making Memories Handbags Eclectic Brads, teal metallic eyelets, SU! Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam pads, glue dot


Photobucket

2 comments:

Sartassa said...

Hey, I am new at this card making thing, I accedently came across your blog and I can say that I totally love it! the silver bags are gorgeous!

mary45 said...

Dear Ruth I love your cards they are great!
Thanks for telling me about your blog page. I can relate to this one.
well done
Is SU Stampin Up?
Are you an agent for them?
You are a very clever lady and your cards look so profesional.
I love them and in awe of them
Mary

01 09 10