Monday 6 July 2009

Glitter Pot Class Cards

Joanne ran two classes at the Glitter Pot on Saturday and I attended both. Joanne loves, and is excellent at, floral punch craft but I have to admit to not being quite so keen on the fiddly flower trimming and shaping. Joanne knows there is often grumbling from my side of the table during our SU! Stamper's Ten meetings when we're attempting floral punch craft! I really liked making these cards though - and there wasn't even any grumbling!

The first card we made was this Flower Pot Pocket Card. After I came home from the class, I added a stamped greeting to my insert card and blinged up my flower centres with some Swarovski crystals.

The flowers and leaves are all punched shapes and we used a DEET tool to add definition and veining and large ball embossing tools on molding mats to add shaping.

The CS piece for the pot measured approx. 21 x 10.5 cms and we scored at 8.5 cms, turned the CS around and scored again at 4 cms (for the pot rim). We used a scalloped border punch to give the rim a decorative edge - trust me it's there LOL! - I've just covered my rim with flowers! To get the pot shape, we trimmed 1.5 cms from both sides at an angle. Then the pot sides are glued together to form the pocket and the rim is glued down. Joanne actually embossed her pot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder which looked really nice but I forgot that step and had already glued my pot sides together when I realised! We had a 10 cm circle which we cut in half and the insert piece was glued between these two half circles and the flower/leaf clusters were glued onto the front half centre.

Edited to add: Joanne has put her flower pot card on her blog so click here to view it.




This pic shows the pot pocket and the insert separately.



The afternoon class had two cards but I'm a slow crafter, especially when I'm in a group, so I only finished one! It is this wonderful bookmark card.



To make the card we started with white CS measuring 25 cms and we scored at 10 cms to get the card fold and then used a perforating blade at 20 cms. The recipient can then tear off the bookmark from the card - what a great idea! Nestability circle dies, scored and folded in half, were used for the top of the bookmark. A hole was punched with a Crop-a-dile and ribbon threaded through.

We used a Hero Arts stamp (Flower & Leaf Branch) with a stamp positioner for the image placement. The leaves on the white CS panel were coloured with a Marvy marker pen and a wet paintbrush. On the white CS panel, we covered all the stamped flowers with three different sized punched and shaped flowers. White Opal Liquid Pearls were added to the centres. Three self adhesive pearls were added to the card front to finish.

What great cards, huge thanks to Joanne for a very enjoyable day!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Flower & Leaf Branch, sentiment by Funstamps
CS: White CS, various Bazzill CS, patterned paper for the punched daisies on the flower pot card
Tools: DEET tool, embossing stylus, molding mat, various flower and leaf punches, scalloped border punch, corner detail punch, Nestie plain and scalloped circle dies, Crop-a-dile
Embellishments: Swarovski crystals, ribbon, liquid pearls

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

These are beautiful. I love the colors on the second one. What a terrific group of flowers on the first. THanks for the directions. Hugs,
Dawn

01 09 10