Saturday 25 July 2009

Daring to get dirty!

I'm a member of the Splitcoast Stampers fan club. Every year SCS has an event where the past and present Dirty Girls (the members of the Dirty Dozen) host and take part in 'Dare to Get Dirty' challenges as a thank you to fan club members. I took part in 2007 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Last summer my mojo took an unauthorised and extended leave of absence so I didn't take part. I was determined to do some of the challenges this year!

My craft room looks like a bomb has gone off and I'm exhausted now - but I had great fun today. I'll be catching up with some more Dare to Get Dirty challenges over the next few days as I think the deadline for uploading is 1st August.

This first card is a two-fer - as in two for one - as it fits two challenges, the Cut It Out and Taken with Texture challenges. For the Cut It Out challenge we were to use die cuts or punches and for the Taken with Texture we were to use well, texture LOL!

I am loving the Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder and it just gets better when teamed with Coredinations Whitewash paper - add in my fave Go Kreate and QuicKutz flower dies and I'm one happy crafter LOL!

After embossing with the CB folder, I scuffed with ultra fine sandpaper and then used the Coredinations Dust Buddy cloth to get rid of the dust and debris - it's fab, it cleans up a treat! I also added more texture in the form of those gorgeous felt SU! Flower Fusion blooms. I've attached them to the die cut flower with a gem brad. The frame die cut shape with the sentiment on is popped up with 3d foam pads.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! One of a Kind set
CS: SU! Old Olive and Rose Red, Coredinations Whitewash 6" x 6" pad
Ink: VersaFine Vintage Sepia
Tools: Go Kreate Concentrics Frame Pointy #1 die, QuicKutz Revolution flower die, Ellison Window Cuts frame die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Flower Fusion felt flowers, SU! Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, gem brad, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

christyzee said...

very nice blog, your cards are beautiful!
blessings...

01 09 10